You might want to start a podcast, but only want it to be available exclusively to a certain group of people. In this case, you can use Glow to distribute a private podcast.
A private podcast is just like any other podcast, except that it is only distributed to an exclusive set of people. Private podcasts are a great way for podcast creators to deepen connections within an existing community and tailor their message to a specific group of people. Additionally, private podcasts can be both free to users or require a membership charge depending on the podcast itself and its users. Here are some uses of a private podcast:
- Employee-only private podcast: Companies can use private podcasts to deepen a set of community employees and help senior executives communicate directly with other employees.
- Political Campaigns: A political campaign might use a private podcast shared amongst its staffers to detail the candidate’s beliefs, policy positions, and experience on the campaign trail to the rest of the organization.
- Coaching: If you’re an executive coach or a trainer, a private podcast is a common way to keep in touch with your clients and scale your impact beyond one-on-one time.
- Course creators: Use a private podcast to help your students continue to engage with your coursework when they’re not in class or in front of a screen
- Private Podcasts as a Complement to Existing Membership: Giving your group access to a private podcast would be a great way to further stitch the group together and open up a whole new path of communication and engagement between everyone shared on the private podcast feed. Here, a paid private podcast would factor into a member’s dues payments and help the creator to identify their most enthusiastic members.
These are just some - but definitely not all - of the ways that the Glow team has seen private podcasts be successful for both their creators and their intended membership audience.
How your audience will access a private podcast
Using Glow, you can distribute a private podcast to your audience on their favorite podcast player--instead of asking them to download something new. Here are some of the apps you can distribute your private podcast in:
- Apple Podcasts
Here’s how it’ll work (You can also try it out yourself here)
Follow the link above to Glow’s Exclusive Daily Podcast. Once there, click the “Sign Up Now” button at the bottom of the page.
After clicking sign-up now, you’ll directed to a list of podcast players. Choose the one where you want to listen.
You’ll see the exclusive podcast in your podcast player of choice. Below, we’ve selected Apple Podcasts. This private podcast is available to you, but not searchable in the iTunes directly--it’s only for members.
Ready to get started?