Here at Glow, we’re on a mission to make it easy for fans to pay for their favorite podcasts.
Whether you’re a podcaster dishing daily news, examining the world’s most recognizable sounds, or doing deep dives into all things Sopranos, one thing is certain: your listeners value your work. And they’re ready to support it. We’re here to help you figure out how.
We’ve spoken to hundreds of podcasters, and one message we’ve heard repeatedly is that you want the ability to experiment with different monetization models to figure out what works best for you and your listeners.
That’s why today, we’re excited to announce that you now have the flexibility to offer monthly, annual, or one-time payments with Glow.
Annual subscriptions give you the chance to offer customers the opportunity to pay up front for a year’s worth of benefits. This provides you with better cash flow and reduces the chance of listener churn. You might consider offering your annual subscribers a discount on the equivalent 12-month rate.
One-time payments provide flexibility for podcasts for which a subscription program isn’t the right fit. Here’s a sample of some ways some of you want to use Glow:
- Release childrens’ audiobooks, that you could make available to parents directly, without having to go through a publisher
- Record and sell DJ sets and music releases, by giving listeners insider access to a DJ who played a special set just for them
- Fundraise for a homelessness action project, with a specific deadline in mind
- Package and sell a limited run audio course, featuring a range of motivational speakers
- Provide listeners the option to make a one-time donation supporting your show
- Charge one time, upfront for early access to a new season of your show
To experience what it’s like to support a podcast with annual and one-time payments, check out this demo of Glow.
Want to fire up these options for your podcast? Just log into your dashboard, select your podcast, and visit the “Pricing” tab. From that screen you can also enable 7-day free trials. Or, if you don’t already have one, create a new Glow account.
As always, leave us a note if you have feedback or questions. We’re here to help your podcast be as successful as can be!
PS: For those of you who weren’t able to make Podcast Movement, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! We published a summary of the 6 key themes we saw this year.